After what has seemed like the LONGEST winter ever, we have finally had some good weather! We decided this morning to pack up all the kids and attempt a 6k volksmarch in Rothenburg. Mike pushed the girls in the double jogger, and I carried Ethan in the sling. I think everyone enjoyed the fresh air and being outside. At the end of the volksmarch we were turing in our card to get our prize, (it's kind of like registering for a 5k in the states, but you walk instead of run and get a "prize" instead of a t-shirt. That's the best way I can describe it) and the lady handing them out ran to get a handful of candy for the girls. Apparently that wasn't enough, so after giving them each at least 15 candies, she told us to wait for a minute and came back with two little porcelain dolls. The walk was beautiful, through parts of the old city and down the steepest hill ever (ok, not quite as bad as some we saw during cross country, but I can honestly say it's the worst hill since then) through a tiny village, and back up another hill. Mike and I were pretty excited when we started to realize that we were getting close to the finish. It was a lot of fun, but definitely exhausting!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how fun...I wish we had stuff like that around here. You all look so cute and do so many fun things.
ReplyDeleteA volksmarch sounds so fun! You have such a cute little family! I'm excited to be able to keep in touch through our blogs!
ReplyDeleteI forgot that Mike was a cross-country runner, too. That double stroller looks so great. What cute little porcelain dolls--I'll bet your girls were thrilled.
ReplyDelete