Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The beach and Happy Birthday Katherine!!

I've been begging Mike to take us to the American Beach in Italy for a long time. He came home for lunch on Friday and said that if we could get a hotel room he would come home from work early and we could go. We drove the 9 hours to Livorno, and pulled up at 2 am. The kids did GREAT in the car for so long without a DVD player. We went to the beach Saturday morning, and just spent the weekend relaxing. I don't think that anyone really wanted to come back home on Sunday. Mike's even said that we can go back again this summer if we wanted to. People, this just goes to show you that begging really does work! Mike really is the greatest hubby and daddy!
Jump!
My boys sleeping in the sand
E and Me
Kate loved the beach...

so did Samantha


Katherine's birthday happened to be over Memorial Day weekend. Mike had a long weekend, so we were able to do some traveling along with Kate's birthday! The highlights include: Disneyland Paris, the girls shopping at the big PX in Ramstein, seeing Shrek 4, and having yummy Chili's takeout and an ice cream cake. The kids did really well with all the driving we did, and everyone had so much fun.
Yummy ice cream cake!
Ooh! I want that!
Waiting in line for Snow White
It's a Small World
Tea Cups with Mommy


4 comments:

  1. wow looks like ya'll had a good time. I dont know how you can do it, i dont even dare go to the store. you are definintly a super family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Your kids are so cute. They are all getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beach looks fantastic. Disneyland Paris sounds like a great birthday present. Happy belated birthday, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy wow school! I know you will do good and love it! I love the water to...I am so happy you got to go see the beach and play! We love you cant wait to see you!!! We sent you a pkg for the kids. See you soon love you Nancy

    ReplyDelete